Friday, November 07, 2008

Going home....

Home. "Your feet may leave, but your heart never will." (not sure where that came from, but I like it)
I love going back home to Safford. It's where all my family is ('cept Jake and I miss that). It's where my "warm" memories are. You know, the ones that make your insides feel warm and relax your soul because it's the place before you had to be grown up and have grown up thoughts, worries and concerns. Life was just plain good.

I've spent years making deposits in this part of my memory bank. I take withdrawals quite often and enjoy a good laugh or a warm fuzzy and even though I'm an adult now, I still like to go back and make more memory deposits. Besides, my kids need to start depositing into their memory banks!

And that's just what I did this week. I took 3 of my four kiddos out of school and drove up for a quick but much needed visit.

This time of year, as you drive into the valley, you are greeted with fields of white and I don't know why but I've always loved all those cotton fields from the time I was little. They fascinated me. Rows and rows of white puffs growing from the ground like corn, and alfalfa but you don't eat it, animals don't eat it, instead you wear it.....

I remember visiting grandparents here when I was little and taking a walk to the cotton fields nearby. I would pick cotton and put it in bags for my mom so she wouldn't have to buy cotton balls at the store anymore. I was thoughtful like that.



I love sitting here....


.....and looking at this


and of course, sometimes this....




Many of my kids memory 'deposits' include this....
Add Image


and on this trip they added this one.....


and this one.....


and tickling and giggling 'bout silly things like "wedgies".....



And I, deposited this one.....

Lunch at Casa with my mom and sis!


5 comments:

Amber said...

Great Post! The pictures made me want to be there with you. It made me think about my 'home' and even though my parents have moved quite a few times I get that warm, comfy feeling whenever I go to their home, whereever it may be.

flourish by mindy said...

Loved it! I'm crying...then laughing. The pee pix got me!

The Skousen's said...

OK, I just read you ENTIRE blog!!! I loved it all. Oh my gosh, the cotton fields. Thanks for reminding me how much I loved them. The way the cotton felt when you squished it between your fingers. It always felt silky to me! I love Safford. All I know is that is the best pair of booties I have ever seen. I am sooooooo Happy for your mom. Go Darlene! Ludy HuHoHu (Or something like that, I don't know, you and Esther made it up! Crazies! I loved the post for Carson. Some of those stories were familiar, but I am totally impressed with him, FOR SURE!!! I hope he stays who he is, always, no matter what!
Bryson seriously looked hilarious with coconut shells on. hahaha Did he borrow yours? hahahaha
I love your blog. Reminds me of the good ol days. I look back on the days of growing up and I just remember being so crazy and happy! I never knew Darlene was the inspiration for the panyhose over the head thing. Does she know what she started? hahaha I still have the pics.

dpapwatson said...

Hi Anna, it's PJ. Your mom sent me your blog address. We have one too. Well it's mostly mine except the music, Dusty likes to be in control of that. I am so excited to be able to keep in touch with you guys now!
xoxo-PJ

liz said...

yo uare like expert writer/ blogger/ photo journal girl. you were born to blog sister.

you are already up there with my top 10 for best material/ more interesting posts than average eery single time.

you totally get it. awesome. now take a break from meat canning and post more often.