Monday, December 08, 2008

Christmas Traditions

I am a lover of the Christmas season. It's my most favorite holiday ever. The anticipation of the Christmas season is the reason I can deal with summer ending and the sadness that comes with the realization that it's time to retire the swimsuits and sunscreen for a season. Every year in November, I get out my December calendar and fill every weekend and at least one or two weeknights with different holiday festivities. (I have learned that if it isn't scheduled, it won't happen and the next thing you know, the holidays have come and gone and I didn't get to bask in the Christmasness of it all.) And so I schedule. Some of the family fav's are signing the kids out of school for breakfast and pictures with Santa at the mall,
(2005 - my favorite picture) Kendall wasn't a fan of the fat man with a beard....

other favorite Christmas traditions are.....

acting out the nativity (Grandma Rita's 2005)

Christmas stories (Pinetop - 2004)


Temple Lights (2003)


Zoo lights (2007)



making gingerbread houses (2007)

making new Christmas ornaments for the tree, being a "secret santa" or doing the 12 days of Christmas to somebody, and lots and lots of hot cocoa and Christmas music. Favs? Mariah Carey's 90's christmas CD and a kids mix made by uncle Landon.


1 comment:

Amber said...

Great Post! That is a great idea to schedule the calendar out in November because it never fails that the holiday season ends and there are always memories left unmade because they weren't scheduled.We are looking forward to more memories with your family this year!