Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Parent teacher conferences

Had parent teacher conferences today for my two still in elementary school.


So refreshing to hear things like "I know I'm not suppose to say this, but he truly is my favorite kid".
And "I don't even know what to say about her as far as improvement goes, she is just outstanding in both academics and behavior."

However, my 4th grade daughter's male teacher pulled out a paper the students had to write and said, "I just had to show you this. It kept me laughing all evening!"

The students were suppose to write a letter to this one specific dictionary company and ask that a new word (of their choice) be added to the dictionary and then explain why.

Kendall's letter was as follows:

Dear Ms. Berube,
My name is Kendall Varney. I'm in the 4th grade at Patterson Elementary. I just love your dictionaries, I use them all the time.  I am writing to ask if you could please put the word "YourMom" in the dictionary.
I would like you to put the word "YourMom" in the dictionary because it is fun to say.  Also because it is a good thing to say when someone says, "you're ugly!" You can say, "YourMom is."  See?
Please put this word in your dictionary.  Thank you for your time.
Sincerely,
Kendall Varney

Mr. Reynolds laughed and went on to say, "Kendall's just so sweet and quiet. I don't know, I guess it just caught me off gaurd. I totally wasn't expecting that, especially from her!"

I nodded my head and said, "Let me just clarify this for you.  She has two older brothers, one almost 13 and one almost 15."

(Isn't it weird how a picture can be worth a thousand words...)
 
 

1 comment:

liz said...

lol! awesome. love the bottom picture. It was also strange to have such an easy conversation with Evan's teacher